Faction Prodigy 2X 2024
The Prodigy 2X is the ultimate all-mountain shred-tool. Packing all the right ingredients to help you pop, stomp and surf all over the mountain, the Poplar Core is soft and poppy enough to butter those slushy rollers while maintaining stiffness underfoot, meaning the only way to beat your last run, is to go back up for another one.
- Dimensions: 11274-98-119(@165cm)
- Radius: 14m (@165cm)
- Weight - 1690g (@165cm)
- Flex - 7 out of 1-10
- Profile - Tip & Tail Rocker, Traditional Camber
- Recommended Mount Point - Progressive
- Tip and tail rocker + traditional camber, for the perfect blend of high performance edge hold, easy turn initiation, and float in soft snow.
- Core - Poplar is a light-colored, medium-weight, durable softwood that flexes and pops nicely as well as having a whole load of vibration absorption capabilities. Used as the only wood in this core, it allows the ski to pop, butter and stomp like an all-mountain freestyle ski and also have enough torsional stability to grip impressively on the downhill.
- XL 2.5 mm edges, compared to 2 mm industry average, built to last
- Vertical Sidewall - A construction that places strips of protective material along the sides of each core, between the edge and the topsheet. Sidewalls provide the best possible edge hold and stability when the ski is engaged in a turn as well as protecting the woodcore, edges and topsheet from impact and outside damage.
- Elliptical Sidecut is made up of a longer radius underfoot and shorter radii in the tip and tail of the ski. The long radius underfoot means you can pivot faster and easier, while a shorter radius in the tip and tail result in easier turn initiation. This sidecut allows for a wide variety of turn lengths, angles and mounting positions
- Micro-cap construction is a hybrid of a premium, sandwich sidewall construction fused with a lightweight, durable cap construction. With micro-cap, the sandwich construction provides awesome edge hold and torsional stability while the ski’s topsheet wraps around and meets the sidewall, protecting the fragile joint that can be prone to chipping.
- This flex works best for most skiers. Enjoy stability in front of, and behind the binding area to provide solid edge hold. Then, we transition to smooth, progressive flex in the tips and tails to easily absorb all the different bumps and snow debris the mountain throws at you. This flex allows for progression and for an easier turn initiation and finish
- Faction is working with its production partners to eliminate material waste. Faction now mix base, sidewall and topsheet material scraps back into the raw material used for production, reducing carbon emissions while ensuring the same level of quality & durability. As a fun fact, by integrating recycled materials into our ski bases, Faction reduces the ecological impact of its bases by 75%.
- In an effort to reduce the impact of our supply chain, we strive to source materials from European companies that are based near our factories.
- Factions poplar, beech and ash cores are sourced from the forests that are growing near our European factories, eliminating the carbon cost of transporting raw materials across great distances. Factions raw materials are FSC accredited. This means that the forests from which our wood is sourced are managed to support environmental and societal sustainability.
- This ski is produced in a cutting-edge facility that runs on electrical power that is 100% renewable. Additionally, its heating energy comes solely from biomass. The factory no longer uses oil, resulting in annual CO2 emissions reductions of a whopping 10 million kilograms.
- Two-year warranty, backed by Faction's global, around-the-clock customer care team