Faction La Machine 5 Max 2024
La Machine debuted in 2020 as the fattest ski in the Faction line-up. The original shape is mirrored here in the La Machine Max, and the ski now benefits from eco-conscious tech. This ultra-light, carbon-loaded ski is the backcountry powder-hound's dream. Its progressive and ultra-rockered shape will have you floatin’ like the yacht of your dreams, along the deepest backcountry runs you can search out. Backed by the finest, most durable Austrian construction, powered 100% by renewable energy.
- Weight - (g)1890
- Last -
- Flex - Medium
- Anti Chip Micro Cap - Micro-cap construction is a hybrid of a premium, sandwich sidewall construction fused with a lightweight, durable cap construction. With micro-cap, the sandwich construction provides awesome edge hold and torisional stability while the ski's topsheet wraps around and meets the sidewall, protecting the fragile jion that can be prone to chipping.
- Mustache Flex - This flex works best for most skiers. Enjoy stability in front of, and behind the binding area to provide solid edge hold. Then, we transition to smooth, progressive flex in the tips and tails to easily absorb all the different bumps and snow debris on the mountain. This flex allows for an easier turn initiation and finish.
- Elliptical Sidecut - Elliptical Sidecut is made up of a longer radius underfoot and shorter radii in the tip of the ski. The long radius underfoot means you can pivot faster and easier, while a shorter radius in the tip and tail result in easier turn initiation. This sidecut allows for a wide variety of turns lengths, angles and mounting positions.
- Sustainable Wood Core - Our popular, beech and ash cores are sourced from the forests near our European factories, eliminating the carbon cost of transporting raw materials across great distances. Our raw materials are FSC accredited, meaning that the forests from which our wood is sourced are managed to support environmental and societal sustainability.
- Extended Tip/Tail Rocker - We employ Extended Rocker, a reverse camber shape in the tip and tails, which along with waist width, is the most important element in providing float in fresh snow. Extended rocker also makes pivoting and turn initiation easier and means you have less chance of catching an edge.