Elan Ripstick 102 W 2023
As the widest Ripstick in women series, the 102 W is the ultimate ladies freeride ski to use when it gets deep and steep. If you never waste a waist deep day, this is the ski you need to maximize the float and the fun! Have no worries, if you miss the best days of the season, the Ripstick 102 will still be your best friends any other day of the week, smoothly cutting through windblown snow and crud with ease. The skis’ SST sidewalls provide direct power transmission to the ski edges and assure control over the full length of the ski. Elan’s new Amphibio Carbon Line technology elevates the asymmetrical design and tip to tail Tubelight wood core with additional carbon reinforcements for greater edge grip, all while maintaining ease and precision through every turn.
- Weight - (g)1750
- Last -
- Flex -
- Amphibio Carbon Line Technology - Confidence building performance for any situation on the mountain. Amphibio Carbon Line technology is a combination of innovations that provide the best balance of lightweight construction with power and performance. Amphibio Carbon Line technology elevates the asymmetrical ski design to the next level by strategically locating carbon reinforcement over the inside edges of the skis providing more power in the turn, while carbon rods inserted into the woodcore maximize weight savings and overall stability. The end result is an extremely lightweight high performance ski with uncompromised versatility and smooth performance.
- SST - The SST construction provides quick, nimble and direct power transmission from the ski to snow as well as providing exceptional torsional rigidity
- Tubelite Wooscore - To create the Tubelite Woodcore, two super lightweight carbon tubes are inserted into a lightweight laminated wood core. These tubes run the length of the ski following the acr of the side cut. They provide torsional stability and powerful rebound while allowing for material reduction of the core. The result is incredible lightweight response and stability.
- Carbon Rods Reinforcement - Lightweight carbon tubes inserted into the ski and run the length of the ski following the arc of the side cut. The carbon tubes provide torsional stability and powerful rebound while allowing for material reduction of the core. The result is incredible lightweight response and stability.
- Fiberglass Reinforcement - Fiberglass reinforcement optimizes the flex pattern and enhance torsional rigidity of the ski. The fiberglass is positioned either above or below the ski core and improves a skis structural integrity.
The Elan Ripstick 102 W is one of the best ladies skis on the market its extremely light and stable to things commonly stated but more often not true. This ski suitable for a women looking for an all mountain ski leaning towards off the beaten pack more. It is also a great option for those looking to mount a cross over AT binding like a Salomon Shift or Marker Duke PT.
-Jeremy Cole / Chief Bottle Washer